- Dr. P.V.N .R. Prasad
- G-3,GayatriTowers, Narravari Street, Near Maruthi Vyayamasala, Satyanarayanapuram, Vijayawada– 520 011., Andhra Pradesh
- Mobile: +91 96666 49665
- E-Mail : Prasad_ayur@rediffmail.com
- B.A.M.S. (KakatiyaUniversity,Warangal, A.P.)
- M.D. (University of Kerala, Trivandrum, Kerala)
- P.G. Diploma in Yoga (AnnamalaiUniversity, Chidambaram, Tamilnad)
Expertise and experience in both Ayurvedic & Modern systems of Medicine.
- 3 years of U.G. Teaching.
- 4 years of P.G. Teaching in Rasa Shastra.
- Ayurvedic Consultant since 1985.
- Expert Panchakarma Consultant since 1988.
- Medical Officer, Govt. Ayurvedic Dispensary for 3 ½ years
- Incharge Panchakarma Unit, Govt. Ayurvedic Hospital Vijayawada, A.P. for 2 ½ years.
- Research Officer, Imis Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Limited,Vijayawadafor 3 ½ years.
- Medical Administrator in a Private Institute for 3 ½ years.
- Medical Officer in a Private Nursing Home for 3 ½ years.
- Editor English Section of Manphar Vaidya Patrika – a monthly Ayurvedic Journal for 1 ½ years.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES / INVOLVEMENT:
- Post Graduate Research Projects –
- Supervisor – Completed – 2
- Ongoing – 4
- Co – Supervisor – Completed – 10
- Ongoing – 3
- Examiner at both UG and PG levels, Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences,Vijayawada, A.P.
- Special Observer, examinations, Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences,Vijayawada, A.P.
- Member, Ph.D. screening Committee, Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences,Vijayawada, A.P.
- Member, Institution Ethical Committee, National Ayurvedic Research Institute for Vector Borne Diseases, a unit of CCRAS,Vijayawada, A.P.
- Life Member National Medical Association.
- Authored 3 Text books in English as per CCIM Syllabus for BAMS Students and 2 more books are under publication.
- Published another book in Telugu on simple home remedies for day to day health problems.
- Published 16 articles in different journals.
- Number of articles in local print media.
PARTICIPATION AND PRESENTATION IN DIFFERENT CAPACITIES
- Re – orientation Training Programmes – 09.
- Continuing Medical Education Programmes – 06.
- Seminars – 14.
- Workshops – 06.
- Radio Talks – 02.
- Free Medical Camps Conducted by various voluntary service organization – 300 and above.
AREAS OF INTEREST AND ACTIVITY:
- Panchakarma Therapies
- Degenerative Disc Disorders
- Neurological and Neuro Muscular Problems