Associate Professor, Department of Rasa Shastra (Ayurvedic Pharmaceutics), Faculty of Ayurved, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi– 221005 INDIA.
- B.Sc., B.A.M.S., M.D. (Ayu.), Ph.D.
- Phone: 542-23660900 (R),9452074480, 9889863866
- E-mail –firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Herbomineral Formulation of Ayurveda
- pharmacovigilance –an integral component of ayurvedic pharmacoepidemio
Teaching Experience :
|Level of Course||Name of Degree||Duration||University/Institute|
|Post Graduate||M.D.(Ayu.)||11 years||F. Ay., IMS , BHU, Varanasi|
|IPGT&RA, GAyU, Jamnagar|
|M.Pharma(Ayu.)||5 years||IAPS, GAyU, Jamnagar|
|Various courses exclusively for Foreign Students/ WHO fellows||Certificate course||2 years||F. Ay, IMS, BHU, Varanasi|
|Diploma in Ayurveda||6 months||IPGT&RA, GAyU, Jamnagar|
|Introductory course in Ayurveda||15 (3×5)months||IPGT&RA, GAyU, Jamnagar|
Research Experience :
|Status||Level of Course||Name of Degree||No. of Scholars||Institute|
|Guide||Doctoral / Post Graduate||Ph.D./ M.D. (Ayu.)||3 /16||I.P.G.T & R.A. G.Ay.U.JamnagarFaculty of Ayurveda,IMS,BHU|
|Guide||Post Graduate||M. Pharm (Ayu.)||4||IAPS, ,G.Ay.U.Jamnagar|
Area of Specialization :
Ayurvedic Pharmaceutics -Herbal preparations :
- Quality Assurance of Ayurvedic Medicines
- Asavarishta Kalpana (A specific Ayurvedic fermented products)
- Sneha Kalpana (medicated Ghee & Oil)
- -Drugs & Cosmetics Act, 1940 & Rule, 1945 applicable on Ayurvedic Drugs
- -Stability Profile
- -IPR and Patent
|Period / Duration||Course||Institute|
|19961 week||National Workshopcum Training Programme of Quality Control and Standardization of Herbal Medicine||Regional Research Laboratory, (CSIR Lab.) Jammu.|
|20033 week||Refresher Course (Sponsored by UGC, New Delhi)||Deptt. of PharmacyAnnamalai University, Annamali Nagar, Tamilnadu.|
Paper published – 86 Book -01
- – 04 in International Journal
- – 78 in Ayurvedic Journal
- – 04 in Modern Pharmaceutical Journal
- – Accepted for publication – 03
Conferences/ Seminars / Workshops attended :
- Invited speaker – 42
Invited by organization and institutions of Ayurvedic & Allopathic system of Medicine (viz Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar, Rajasthan Ayurved University, Jodhpur,Nair Medical College, Mumbai; NBRI, Lucknow, MCOPS – Manipal, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, etc.
Paper presented – 21 Participated – 20 Total = 83
- Research Project Referee; By Deptt. Of DST, GOI for the project of Ayurveda Submitted by I.I.T. Kharag Pur.
- Expert Member; ASIIA, Monitoring Group, Principal Scientific Advisor, GOI, New Delhi
- Expert Member ; Traditional Knowledge Digital Library, NISCAIR, CSIR, DST, GOI, New Delhi
- Invited by Deptt. of AYUSH, G.O.I., New Delhi as subject expert in several meeting of National level.
- Consulted by many Ayurvedic Pharmaceutical concerns on different issues of Ayurvedic Pharmaceutics.
Other – Curricular Activities:
- Regional Coordinator, North Region, National Pharmacovigilance Programme of Ayurvedic Medicines,IMS,BHU
- Associated with International Ayurveda Foundation, London (U.K.)
- Preparing strategy for International acceptability of Ayurvedic dosage form with a group of other scientists of different fields.
- Analyzing impact of several MLX of MHRA of U.K. and EU legislation on Traditional medicine in general and on Ayurveda in particular.
- Different Positions in conferences & workshop
- Organizing Secretary – 5th International Seminar on Ayurved of Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar held on 5-7th January, 2006 organized as part of Golden Jubilee Year Celebrations of Institute for Post Graduate Teaching and Research in Ayurveda.
- Organizing Secretary –WHO Sponsored Seminar cum Workshop on Safety Profile of Ayurvedic Dosage Forms (SWSPADF) on 30 &31 October, 2007 at Banaras Hindu University.
- Organizing Secretary –CME on Pharmacovigilance of Ayurvedic Drugs, 19-21 March, 2009 at Banaras Hindu University.